Friday, May 27, 2011

WSOP 2011

Back in Vegas for the World Series of Poker.  I guess this would be the fourth chapter in the Rookie Dealer adventure.

I flew in and was picked up at the airport by my friend Barry, who thinks of himself as "The Skydiving Panda".  We got settled into our place, same home as last year, with Sara, the dancing pua.  No, that's not PUA Pick Up Artist, that's pua the Hawaiian word for Flower.  The dancing part refers to her hobby of Ballroom Dancing with Alvin.  Originally, Barry was to stay with Al but things change and now were both at Sara's place.

I have a better car this year.  A BMW that a friend of Sara's was not using.  It's a 1994 with 98000 miles on it.  Runs fine with good A/C I am told.  It is a step up from the Miata I used the last 2 years.

Barry and I went over to the Stratosphere.  The buffet is cheap and reasonably good and over the past few years we have had some success at the Poker tables there.

Barry busted out of the tournament early, but found the $1-2 table to his liking.  I think he sent four different players home broke.  He had a good night.

I on the other hand, couldn't catch a break all night.  In the tournament, with a nice above average chip stack got it all in on a Q-9-3 rainbow flop with pocket Kings and got called by a much shorter stack holding Q-10.  Wouldn't you know it, he caught a 10 on the river to cut my stack in half.  After that I was never a factor and busted out when my A-8 suited ran into JJ in the blinds and never improved.

At the cash tables my play was good but my luck just wouldn't hold out.  I got it in twice with the best hand but the poker gods wouldn't let them hold up.  One time it was all in with top pair and top kicker against a flush draw that got there and the other was with AA in a three way pot against A-10 and A-K but when the board ran out 2-3-10-J-Q, the A-K rivered a straight and that was all she wrote for my Aces.

No comments: