Thursday, June 13, 2013

WSOP 2013

I'm back.  Miss me?

This is my sixth World Series of Poker. No longer a rookie, I suppose. Photo is a screen shot of the final table of the $1500 entry No Limit Hold'em final table and yes, that's my bald spot in the dealer chair. It was my first of two final tables this week both broadcast over the Internet via live streaming at WSOP.com. The second was the $5000 Pot Limit Hold 'em tournament.

The technology we are using is interesting. The cards have imbedded RFI chips. They are larger, much thicker and much stiffer than the cards we normally use in tournaments. That makes it even more difficult and pressure packed when you get into the dealer box and start working with the cards. First time you touch them you are on camera and streaming with a headset on and required to call out all bet and raise amounts so the ESPN team can hear them.

Gotta go to work now.  More later, probably tomorrow.

1 comment:

beachtrader said...

Welcome back. It's always interesting to read your comments about the WSOP. Hope you get to play a little golf while you're in Vegas.