Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day Off with Sisters

I am the kid brother to the two beautiful women you see in the photo.  My sister Terrie is an artist living in Phoenix, AZ and Diane is a nurse in Hinkley, Ohio, so it is a rare occasion that we all get together.  As you can see, I just beam when I'm around my sisters.

I suppose in therapy it would be discovered that my vision of the ideal woman is some combination of my two sisters: Beautiful, intelligent, loving, nurturing, considerate and personable.  Just like my wife, Lillian.

We took the day and got away from the neon lights of the Las Vegas Strip and headed up to Mount Charleston, about 45 minutes northeast of Las Vegas.  Near the top of the mountain there is a lodge where we had lunch.  Elevation 7650.  It was an interesting drive seeing the vegetation change from desert to Joshua tree forest to Junipers to Pine studded mountainsides as we made our way up to the lodge.

Diane, Bobby, Terrie and Jerry

I gotta lose some weight.

Snow still on the mountain

Awesome

Looking down valley

On the way back we stopped at the Rio's VooDoo Lounge for a drink and a view of the strip from atop the fiftieth floor.

No comments: