Sunday, June 6, 2010

Jim Makes the Money!!!

That's right folks, Kristen's dad, Jim, nursed that baby stack of just over 2500 chips into Day 2 of the $1500 No Limit Hold'em Tournament.  In the first hour of Day 2, Jim put his chips on the line and pulled down several pots building the stack up to over 11,000 and held on to it until enough players had been eliminated that he would be "in the money".
I am on a break from another tournament and decide to go find out how Jim is doing.  In the Amazon Room Jim is sitting in the middle of a field of about 30 Tables.  From the rail area I can see him but there are no chips in front of him and he is looking intently toward the center of the table.   I can't see what is going on.  I'm in my dealer uniform, so I figure nobody will say anything if I just walk through the middle of the tournament area looking like I know what I am doing.  As I cruise past Jim's table the dealer is pushing a rather large mound of yellow $1000 chips in Jim's direction.  As I get closer, I see the pile slides right past Jim to a player two seats to his left.  He's out, but he's in the money.
Jim took 261st out of 2563 players, good enough for $2,802.

His official earnings are listed at the WSOP.com web site under "Players":  James Pell

No comments: