Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Long Day

Today was the WSOP $3000 "Triple Chance" Tournament.  This is a twist on the concept of a "Re-buy" tournament where for a period you can bust out and re-buy a new starting stack of chips.  The "Triple Chance" gives each player a starting stack of 3000 chips plus two "Re-buy" chips which can be cashed anytime during the first four hours of play for an additional 3000 chips each  At the end of the fourth level, all unused "Re-buy" chips are cashed in as an add-on to the player's stack.

One of my tables had both Phil Ivey and Chris Moneymaker.  Chris had some really bad luck.  First he made a set of Queens and got all in against a short stack with a Flush draw.  The Flush got there and Chris took a hit.  Two hands later he made a set of Fours but got beat by a set of Tens.  Chris still had a few chips left when I pushed out of the table.  Checking results later I saw that Chris overcame his misfortune to just make the money and bust out 86th - good for $5,992.

About 950 players began the tournament.  Due to the shortage of dealers and the fact that players can survive a little longer in "Triple Chance" I started my day at 11:30 and didn't leave the tournament floor (exept once for five minutes to pee) until 6:30.

I'm tired.  That is a lot of shuffling and pitching.  I'm going to put my feet up, drink a beer and probably fall asleep in front of the TV.  :-)

No comments: